This DVD bundle contains three antiques book collections with approx. 95 digitised antiques books:
- 40+ digitized antique books from the 19th and early 20th century about precious metals, silver, gold and platinum.
- 25+ digitized antique books from the 19th and early 20th century about jewellery and precious stones.
- 30+ digitized antique books from the 19th and early 20th century about porcelain and pottery.
All books on this data DVD are in easy readable Adobe Acrobat reader .PDF format and zoomable.
The "Precious metals" book collection gives you answers on almost everything that was known about precious metals in the 19th and early 20th century:
- Standard marks, duty marks, tax marks, date marks, plate workers' marks, spoon marks, makers' marks, assay marks, finenes marks
- Various standards of gold and silver
- Art work in silver and gold: Standing cups, dram cups, two-handled cups, beakers, tankards, flagons, mugs, teapots, chocolate pots, coffee pots, spoons, forks, candlesticks, porringers, sconces, candle brackets, snuff boxes, tobacco boxes, sugar boxes, bowls, sauce boats, jewish synagogue silver, church silver, etc
- History of precious metals gold, silver, platinum
- Assaying of silver, gold
- Goldsmith & silversmith makers' marks
- Celebrated European Coldsmiths
- Old English silver and plate
- Oriental silverwork - Malay, Japanese, Chinese
- History of English goldsmiths
- Church (plate) silver
- Alloys of gold and silver
- The hallmarking of jewellery
- Assay towns of the United Kingdom
- Hallmarks for jewellery
- Historic silver and gold objects
- Plate, Pewter, Brittanica silver
- And much more....
The "Pottery and Porcelain" antique book collection gives you answers on almost everything that was known about porcelain and pottery arts in the 19th and early 20th century.
- Terms used by dealers and collectors with their meanings.
- The history of pottery from the earliest times.
- Ancient pottery, Mediaeval and Renanaissance, Italian Majolica, French Porcelain and pottery,
- German stoneware, Dutch pottery, Staffordshire pottery,
- Oriental and European pottery,
- History of important porcelain and pottery factories.
- The difference between pottery and porcelain.
- Notes and descriptions of various counterfeit and misleading marks.
This DVD also contains thousands of pottery and porcelain marks, makers' marks, factory marks.
The "Jewellery" antique book collection contains out-of-print books from the 19th and early 20th century:
- The magic of jewels and charms.
- How to make jewelry - practical instructions from a practical manufacturing jeweler.
- Notes on some of the antique and renaissance Gems and Jewels in her majesty collection at windsor castle
- Precious Stones - a book of reference for jewellers.
- 20th Century Catalogue of Supplies for Watchmakers Jewelers and kindred trades
- An encyclopedia for the Horologist, Jeweler, Gold and Silversmith
- Diamonds - Precious stones for jewellers and gem-loving public
- A Treatise on Diamonds and Pearls in which their importance is considered and plain rules are exhibited for ascertaining the value of both; and the true method of manufacturing diamonds.
- Treatise on gems in reference to their practical and scientific value - A useful guide for the jeweller, lapidary, artist, amateur, mineralogist, and chemist, accomanied by a description of the most interesting American gems, and ornamental and architectural materials.
- Catalogue of the jewellery Greek, Etruscan and Roman in the departments of Antiquities British Museum
- Catalogue of the mediaval, ivories, enamels, jewellery, gems and mscellaneous objects bequeathed to the museum by Frank McClean
- Catalogue of the valuable collection of Old English and Foreign Silver and Silver-gilt plate, Jewels, Bijouterie and Object of Vertu, Old Italian and French Bronzes, Majoliea, Limoges, Enamels,C collection of Venetian and German Glass Old Swiss Stained Glass, ox-Wood Carvings, and a variety of other objects of Art chiefly of the 16th and 17th Centuries.
- Chats on old jewellery and trinkets
- English Jewellery
- The Jeweler's handbook containing practical methodes for galvanizing, electro plating and coloring with gold, silver and copper on all kinds of metals.
- Jewellers' silversmiths' and kindred traders' accounts for manufacturing jewellers, wholesale jewellers, retail jewellers, diamond merchants, silversmiths, electro platers, gilders, watch manufacturers.
- Useful alloys and memoranda for goldsmiths, jewellers, etc - A private handbook
- The Science of Gems, Jewels, Coins and Medals - Ancient and modern - Watches, Diamonds, Jewellery and Silverware
- Etc. etc.........
Attention: You need a DVD player on your computer and the program Adobe Acrobat reader to read the PDF files.
Free worldwide shipping.